An Innovation Hub is a place which provides facilities to nurture new ideas and help develop inquisitive perspective in youths of today. The Innovation Hub created by NCSM, GoI and APSCST, DST, Govt. of A.P. will engage youth in innovative and creative activities. These hubs will serve as springboards for new ideas and innovation and thus helping the society and economy to face future challenges and meet rising aspirations of the growing population. Specifically, embedding such creative pedagogues in science education through ‘Innovation Hubs’ would have potential to retain talent in modern science.“Innovation Hub” shall provide a platform for the young students to engage in innovative and creative activities. The main idea is to promote creative thinking and problem solving ability through hands on activities and experiments. As and when required, external experts in different fields will be engaged for helping the students.
An Innovation Hub provides facilities to nurture new ideas and help develop inquisitive perspective in youths of today. Developed by National Council of Science Museums, Ministry of Culture Govt. of India, Kolkata. Museums engage youth in innovative and creative activities.
- To promote innovation, creativity and engagement in science.
- To foster problem solving ability and project based learning.
- To provide hands on/practical learning and engagement in the process of science, technology and innovation.
- To excite the young minds about innovation for better future.
- To help the society and economy to face future challenges in science & technology.
FACILITIES OF INNOVATION HUB
- Electrical & Electronics Lab
- Mechanical Lab
- Physics lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Biology Lab
- Resource Centre
- Design Studio
- Hall of fame
ACTIVITIES IN INNOVATION HUB
- Break & Remake
- Build from Scraps
- Making Science Models
- Real life problem & Solution
- Investigative Projects
- Challenging Activities
- Idea Box
- Students Visit
REGISTRATION OF STUDENTS IN INNOVATION HUB
- Interested candidate can get membership and can visit innovation hub.
- They can work on their innovative ideas with the help of mentors.
- All the required equipment will be provided by the science centre.
- Yearly membership fee is Rs.1000 only.
- An institute can also enroll themselves as a member of the innovation hub for their students.
- Each institution can nominate maximum up to 15 students per visit.
- Yearly institutional membership fee is Rs.3000 only.